Africa Select Journeys / Hotspots2c Depot Offices: 13 Gardner Williams Ave, Paardevlei, Somerset West, 7110, South Africa
Africa Select Journeys / Hotspots2c Home Office: 100 De Beers Road, Strand, 7140, South Africa
Please make an appointment in advance.
Hotspots2c: PostNet Suite 756, Private Bag X15, Somerset West, 7129, South Africa
Africa Select Journeys Accounts: PO BOX 1120, Cape Gate, Cape Town, 7562, South Africa
Africa Select Journeys' standard booking terms only act as a guideline and each tour product, accommodation or activity has its own set of specific terms that will take effect.
Once we accepts your booking by confirmation thereof – a contract is made between Africa Select Journeys, you and/or your agent upon the terms & conditions set out below. These terms are mainly for tour packages & booking specific terms are sent with each specific booking.
Refer to your booking’s specific terms & conditions as listed on your product's web page, as these specific terms can overrule general booking terms.
BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS AND TERMS
– A deposit can be payable to reserve a booking.
– The deposit is accepted as a first instalment and reflected on your booking receipt, but your booking status will remain pending until full payment is received.
– Usually full payment is required at least 31 days before the tour departure or event date.
WHAT IF YOU CHANGE / CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
– If you wish to change to an alternate date or want to change to a different tour package it will be based on standard cancellation fees - subject to availability and possible upgrade or price difference fees involved.
– All date-change or cancellation requests must be sent to your booking agent or hotspots2c directly. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure Africa Select Journeys is aware of the change or cancellation request. If a booking was made through a travel agent, you must contact the booking agent to action the change and request refunds, if refunds are applicable.
- Cancellation / booking change fees are calculated on the total amount of the booking.
– Cancellations on card transactions will only be considered after the payment has been received in the Africa Select Journeys bank account. Credit card payments can take a few days to be paid into the Africa Select Journeys Bank Account.
– A deposit will be required to reserve the booking. Full payment is due 31 days before booking start date.
Non-standard tour packages have booking or supplier specific terms. The exact cancellation and payment terms shall be listed to your cost estimate proposal and may override the standard terms listed on this site.
These booking terms apply for custom or private bookings unless the tour or activity has unique terms listed and linked on its webpage. Certain suppliers have their own cancellation or payment terms that will override the above terms listed.
- A deposit will be required to reserve the booking. Full payment is due 31 days before booking start date.
Should you request a refund to your bank account, the following cancellation fees will apply based on total ZAR booking value:
It is highly recommended to have travel insurance to cover you should a tour or should you need to cancel due to any travel restrictions or any other reasons or constraints out of your or Africa Select Journey’s control.
- Credit vouchers are available on request (at an voucher admin fee) if cancellations are received before the tour's specific payment deadline or specific cancellation notice is reached.
- This voucher credit amount and admin fee is linked to and based on the refund amount availlable.
- Cancellation and credit voucher admin fees are calculated on the total booking value.
- Flexi Credit Travel Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or refunds.
– If you wish to change to an alternate date or want to change to a different package, the cost of the upgrade or price difference will apply.
– Africa Select Journeys reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
– If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another Africa Select Journeys package without transfer fees.
– If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, closure of airports, industrial disputes, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond Africa Select Journeys' control) we can give a partial refund of monies paid; less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
– Africa Select Journeys is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any departure.
– Visa and Master credit cards are accepted for online payments.
– The balance of the booking price must be paid no later than 30 days before the scheduled departure/ event date.
– Proof of payment needs to be supplied on direct debits/ electronic bank transfers.
– With multi-bookings, full payment is due no later than 30 days before the first scheduled departure/event date.
– If payment isn’t made by the due date, Africa Select Journeys may assume that you cancelled and our cancellation charges in accordance will be levied to you or the travel agent who made the booking.
– Tickets, shows and flights are to be paid in full and are not refundable. No travel vouchers or tour documents will be emailed until full payment has been received by Africa Select Journeys.
– In the case of late- or last minute bookings made within 30 days of the departure or event date, the full cost of the booking will be payable.
- By paying a deposit, you agree to accept the finalised version of your trip itinerary and lock in the quoted rate payable by the agreed payment deadlines. A booking may be cancelled if not paid by the payment deadlines agreed upon. Fuel surcharges and or any additional taxes, levies, extra charges or rate increase imposed by government or third party suppliers may cause the final payment rate to increase.
- Child and Adult rates are clearly quoted. If no indication is given on the rate listed it can be assumed that there is no child rate available or allowed.
LUGGAGE & STORAGE ON TOUR
– Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and AT OWN RISK, two pieces of luggage of a total mass not exceeding +/- 35 pounds (20kg). Contact us well in advance to make arrangements for extra luggage.
– Pack light for day or weekend trips. A backpack is ideal for short 1 or 2 day trips.
– Bring a warm jacket for cold evenings or open vehicle 4×4 game drives.
– Insect-repellent & sunscreen lotion is advisable.
– Comfortable walking shoes and hat for hikes is necessary.
– Bath towels are available at most accommodation providers, ask your guide on the tour.
– Africa Select Journeys does not provide personal travel insurance cover for passengers.
– Africa Select Journeys cannot be held liable for the loss or damage to passengers’ luggage, hand luggage or personal effects.
– Passengers should ensure that they are adequately insured, enquire from your insurer what exactly you are insured for in terms of adventure or high-risk activities.
– Tour itineraries are only listed as guidelines and are subject to change without notice. All highlights included in the tour price are scheduled and will be visited en-route but in no specific order.
– The exact itinerary can on occasion run in reverse or a different order.
– See the tour-specific details in regards to the distance travelled per day or duration of the multi-day tour. Days are usually full, with late arrivals at the accommodation each afternoon/early evening.
PREFERRED PACKAGE ACCOMMODATION
These are the accommodation suppliers we prefer to use in our tour packages.
– According to availability at time of booking confirmation, accommodation will be in the mentioned options or in one of a similar standard and star rating.
– Africa Select Journeys reserves the right to vary prices advertised to cover any increase in fuel price, accommodation and activity related costs.
- Africa Select Journeys do not offer or quote for day tours on their own or self-drive itineraries under a certain minimum spend total.
- Our Africa Select Journeys qouted tour packages must include accommodation, activities and day tours with selected included highlights.
- Quotes are usually valid for 24 hours - unless specifically specified otherwise.
- A minimum spend may be required to offer our services, and a deposit is payable in order to email a detailed itinerary. Full payment is due to confirm and email booked accommodation and activity booking confirmation as part of any tour package booked.
- Changes to accommodation or the quoted itinerary after accepting the booking is possible if requested more than 30 days before start/departure date. An date-change admin fee may apply and the difference in price for the newly selected options or itinerary change will be billed additionally.
- Upgrades of accommodation options are allowed, subject to availability. Changes to a quote will result in a new cost estimate submitted for approval.
- Partial refund, date change or credit vouchers are possible if Africa Select Journeys needs to suspend a tour due to reasons outside our control; including weather, minimum customer requirements or travel restrictions. It is vital to invest in good travel insurance to cover you if a trip needs to be cancelled on short notice.
– All date change requests must be sent to your booking agent or Africa Select Journeys directly. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure Africa Select Journeys is aware of the change or cancellation request. If a booking was made through a travel agent, you must contact the booking agent to arrange refunds – if refunds are applicable.
– Refund payments can only be paid back in the original method of payment to Africa Select Journeys.
– It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected booking as well as any necessary vaccinations to comply with all applicable laws.
– Some activities and adventure tour packages require a certain level of fitness. Africa Select Journeys must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before you book. If you do not advise us at this stage, we may refuse to accept your booking, or cancel your trip upon departure. We may also refuse you if we feel that the package chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified (fare paying) companion. Africa Select Journeys will not be responsible for the failure to provide these services.
– You understand that you are obliged to notify Africa Select Journeys of any medical condition that might affect you during any activity while on tour with Africa Select Journeys so that special precaution can be taken beforehand.
– In spite of the fact that every effort is made to ensure your safety, you undertake the tour(s) at your own risk.
– You hereby undertake to abide by the following terms and conditions of operations and indemnity. You understand that participating in the activities during a Africa Select Journeys tour is at your own risk. This means you will not be able to take any legal action against, and to indemnify, hold harmless and absolve Africa Select Journeys, it’s owner, managers, directors, guides and agents from claims and or liability in connection with loss or damage to property, injury or even death, arising from accident or negligence of the above parties or from any cause whatsoever during an activity organised by Africa Select Journeys.
– In the event that you elect to participate in any activity while on tour with Africa Select Journeys, you hereby declare that you are fit and in good health, and that you will notify the different activity centers of any other health or physical disability you have, eg. pregnancy and spinal, back and hip injuries, osteoporosis and epilepsy. You are prepared to act responsibly at all times and participate in tour or adventure activities at your own risk.
– You also undertake to pay all the cost of medical rescue and or medical treatment and transportation and evacuation in case of an emergency.
– You agree to obey all the instructions given by Africa Select Journeys guides at all times.
– No dogs, animals or firearms are allowed on tour.
– Smoking and the use of alcohol and/or drugs on any Africa Select Journeys vehicle is prohibited and forbidden by law. Africa Select Journeys reserves the right not to transport any passenger who enters any Africa Select Journeys vehicle whilst intoxicated.
– Remember the essentials; like a camera, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen lotion.. but also remember that South Africa's weather is rather unpredictable. Always pack a warm jacket and good walking shoes to ensure you travel comfortably. An extra towel for swimming is also advisable to always carry with you.
– Our scheduled Small Group tours are scheduled to depart if minimums are reached.
– In the rare occasions when you might be the only person booked for a specific departure date; you will be given the choice to either move to an alternative date for the same tour or be upgraded to a similar tour departing on the same day – at no extra cost – or if you do wish to tour alone with the tour guide; you will still tour on your booked & paid tour.
– Regrettably, optional activities or excursions cannot be guaranteed as most are subject to third parties and weather conditions.
YOUR FULL CONSENT
– You give full consent to Africa Select Journeys in regards to the use of any written, documented, video or photo content taken during the trip/tour to be used for marketing purposes, be it online, printed or verbal. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such content for Africa Select Journeys' own publicity and promotional purposes.
GREEN YOUR TRAVEL
Africa Select Journeys plants trees with Greenpop every month to reduce our carbon footprint. You can also sponsor a tree to be planted on your behalf with our friends at www.greenpop.org and be part of urban greening, environmental education and reforestation projects within Southern African communities. Ask us about the option to add a tree to your booking.
– E-mail addresses or contact information will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. E-mails may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
– Log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
– Personal information entered during booking process can be used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
– Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in any e-mails that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Africa Select Journeys accepts most payment cards for payments. Your bank may charge foreign transaction fees if you pay in a differenct currency as your bank account.
All online transactions are protected by the integrated payment gateway’s robust firewall with SSL encryption including fraud detection. If your card is registered for 3D Secure you may be redirected to a pop-up window during the online sale, requesting you to enter a One Time Pin (OTP) to authentic the payment.
Invoices and bookings are priced in South African Rand currency. Our integrated Flywire payment processor offers the option to pay in your own currency by card or mobile wallet (eg. paypal) or you can request us for bank payment instructions too. The country of your card/bank account will determine the payment options you'll have available.
24/7 Flywire assistance is available in many langauges for payment queries or concerns with your online payment process.
Forex payments are possible but the bank transaction fees will be added to the payer's amount due in advance. Do contact us if you'd like to pay from your foreign bank account to receive the invoice with our bank details and international payment transfer fees added.
QUERIES / FEEDBACK
– Feel free to ‘like’ us on social media to share your memories of your Africa Select Journeys experience. Your feedback is very important to us.
– Should you have any comments or complaints with respect to Africa Select Journeys, you should inform us in writing, within 14 days of the incident, as we will not be able to consider complaints thereafter.
> The terms and conditions may be subject to further changes and will be updated online on a regular basis.
Africa Select Journeys offers booking agents and passengers a way to earn rewards and commission through our different reseller programmes. Travel agents, online partners and travel bloggers can earn commission through the sale of certain tour packages. Have a look below which programme best suits you and then get in contact with us to apply.
Travel agents can earn commission on specific tour packages contracted to sell. Certified travel agents can register to become an Africa Select Journeys booking agent, giving the opportunity to earn commission on certain tour packages. As a Travel Agent you will be required to receive payments directly from customers and then pay us to confirm a booking.
Contact us to apply as an Africa Select Journeys reseller.